There are lots of options in which cosmetic surgeon a patient selects. This is what to consider.
When a cosmetic operation is to be performed, someone ought to decide the best plastic surgeon for the job. Much like all professionals, some can be a more appropriate choice than others. What should a person search for when interviewing doctors? Here are some things to think about:
- Training and education: Cosmetic operations are extremely complex. A regular M.D. won't do for these procedures. Ensure the doctor you're interviewing is board certified in cosmetic surgery.
- Reputation: Ask around of friends, members of the family, your current practitioner, nurse or any hospital personnel that you might know well enough to get a word-of-mouth reference from. Ask your hair stylist, aesthetician or masseuse, as well, as those that work in the wonder industry often know who the most skilled cosmetic surgeons are.
- Aesthetic eye: Not just must this practitioner have medical expertise, she must also provide a pleasing eye and artistic flair. This arena of prescription medication is an art form. Harmony, scale and attractiveness in answers are extremely important. Looking at "before and after" photos is a good way to gauge this. Make sure that the photos are of this surgeon's actual patients. Look at pictures of patients who have had exactly the same operations you're interested in, have been in exactly the same age bracket and also have similar bone structure and skin type. You need to be comparing apples with apples, after all.
- Good communicator: Like all physicians, a doc's bedside manner and communication ability can make a big difference within the quality of the experience. This doctor needs to be in a position to hear to determine what the patient is looking for and have good speaking skills to be able to give understandable answers and insight into the operation.
- Hospital privileges in a convenient facility: Doctors usually have hospital privileges in specific hospitals, instead of every facility inside a metropolitan area. Ensure the practitioner you're considering has the capacity to make use of the operating suites in the hospital most convenient for you.
- Experience: Whenever a patient decides to have a rhinoplasty performed, they do not desire to be only the third nose project for their doc. Ask the surgeon how many like operations they've performed and get to see photos.
- Specialization: What about a practitioner you're considering focuses on the stomach tuck but you want a facelift. It's easier to keep looking and find one which focuses on cosmetic facial procedures.
- Welcoming staff: What's the office and nursing staff like in your potential plastic surgeon's practice? It is crucial that they're professional, competent and welcoming for a couple of reasons, 1) you will be dealing with them, too, when you purchase their boss; and 2) employees that actually works there's a reflection of how the practice operates. If their boss is competent and runs a tight ship, they'll most likely be harmonious. If they're cranky, tardy and also the place is within disarray, this is a red flag about the captain of their ship.